Push forward LEAN Six Sigma in Healthcare Industry
The hospital Authority (HA) is a statutory body taking over the management of Hong Kong public hospitals and institutions. To guarantee the quality, environment, occupational health and safety management, HA invited TQM to assist to establish an Integrated Management System for its Biomedical Engineering and Communication Section (BESS). BESS is also the first Section of the Hospital Authority successfully obtaining an IMS certificate for its Integrated Management System comprising ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001. Other than Management system consultancy, TQM has provided Lean Management Training & Coaching Program to the Nursing Staff of HKEC & LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt Training & Coaching Program to the Nursing Staff of HKEC.
- Delivered Lean Management Training courses to HKEC’s employees
- Enrich their professional knowledge on Lean Management and apply it to their daily duties, in order to make the hospital’s day-to-day activities more established
- Delivered LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt training courses to HKEC’s employees in different departments so as to equip them with professional knowledge for applying LEAN Six Sigma in their daily work
- Provided guidelines for trainees to take part in practices in Hong Kong East Cluster as one of the actions of LEAN Six Sigma Program
- Train up over 50 HKEC Nursing Staff, including Department Operations manager, Ward Manager, Nursing Office, Advanced Practice Nurse, Registered Nurse and Registered Nurse (Psy) of HKEC
- 18 Lean Projects were coached by the coaching program
- Big achievements in improving process which inspired each other via their great performance indicated by the excellent reports
- Achievements made in the trial operation will certainly be continued while Hong Kong East Cluster encourages trainees trying to conduct some improvement plans that are different.
- Trainees are entitled to push forward LEAN Six Sigma in the interest of Hong Kong East Cluster’s better service