Realizing Service Value & Enabling Cost-Effectiveness
The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) is one of the oldest institutions in Hong Kong, having been founded in 1884. It is a non-profit organisation providing horse racing, sporting and betting entertainment in Hong Kong. It remains the largest taxpayer in Hong Kong, as well as the largest community benefactor.
To satisfy the need for sustainable development, HKJC invited TQM to review and further enhance the effectiveness of its internal IT and HR operation.
- Conduct interviews with process executors and task owners to outline the current process flow
- Identify key challenges and major pain points on the current operation
- Create a value stream map on the overall lead time
- Look into varying lead times and identify the root causes of lead time variation
- Identify the key value-added activities and opportunities for improvement within the entire process flow
- Formulate a solution using a “What if we could …?” methodology
- Greatly improved the user experience
- Substantially increased productivity through better acclimation to the organization and reduced time needed to obtain necessities for work
- Shortened lead time and the total processing time by eliminating non-value-adding processing time
- Facilitate the adoption of a world-class paperless E-operation system in the next phase
- Aligned within the organization to work towards a greener future and a more sustainable Hong Kong