33% More Energy Efficient By Using TQM’s Approach
Marks & Spencer (M&S) has over 700 stores in 30 countries. M&S has been mobilizing its suppliers to fulfil its commitment of converting 50% of its suppliers into green plants (eco-factory) by 2015.
To remain competitive, a number of M&S suppliers invited TQM to provide energy audit services and provide them with targeted improvement programmes to reduce carbon emissions and cost savings.
- Examine various energy systems
- Explore energy-saving opportunities
- Identify possible solutions to improve energy efficiency
- Measure and verify the current efficiency, potential savings achievable, the investment required, and estimate the payback period
- Identified main energy-consuming facilities and key production equipment in production lines
- Reviewed operating conditions for main production auxiliary equipment (e.g. air conditioning and ventilation systems, air compressor systems, lighting equipment etc.)
- Provide implementation plans to reduce energy consumption
- Improved overall energy efficiency up to 33%